The Board provides a number of licensing services. As a current or prospective licensee, you can:
- Apply for your initial license to practice in North Dakota.
- Apply through reciprocity if you hold a current license in good standing from another state.
- Renew your license.
- Check your initial or reciprocity application status.
- Update your current info, such as a change of address.
- Print your current license certificate.
Temporary Licensure for Students and Previously ND-Licensed Respiratory Therapists
As set forth in Executive Order #2020-20, effective April 3, 2020, a student of NDSU, University of Mary, or Northland Community & Technical College Respiratory Therapy programs, you may apply for a temporary license. There is no fee for this temporary license.
Under this same Executive Order #2020-20, if you were licensed by the NDSBRC and in good standing within the five (5) years preceding April 3, 2020, you may apply for a temporary license as well. There is no fee for this temporary license.
Any temporary license issued as a result of this application will be valid until the end date of the COVD-19 Pandemic State of Emergency.