The Board provides a number of licensing services. As a current or prospective licensee, you can:
- Apply for your initial license to practice in North Dakota.
- Apply through reciprocity if you hold a current license in good standing from another state.
- Renew your license.
- Check your initial or reciprocity application status.
- Update your current info, such as a change of address.
- Print your current license certificate.
Temporary Licensure No Longer Offered
The temporary licensure application is no longer offered as per the North Dakota Governor. In order to practice respiratory therapy in North Dakota, you must apply for full licensure through the NDSBRC. There is an option to apply through the Initial or Reciprocity process. Each process takes approximately one month to complete, depending on how long it takes for required documentation to be received by the NDSBRC Office and length of time for the required criminal history background check. See above for full licensure overview.